Monday, April 24, 2017

Celebrate with glitter & glam with Queen & Co

Hi everyone! Kim Watson here with some of my latest projects to share that focus on the lush Queen & Co glitter washi tapes & regular wash tapes. Let me walk you through my processes.

Friend by Kim Watson


Not having any 12 x 12 paper, I created my own using x4 6x6 sheets from the NEW Delightful dots & Stripes paper pads. The color blocked effect is so visually striking and the perfect canvas for my page.


Using black & white bakers twine, I adhered a circle shape onto the background page to ground the design. It is from this circle that everything else radiates. Clusters of flowers made up of Iridescent flowers, Pom flowers & die cut flowers using the Flowers shaker kit. Leaves made from collaged washi tape then die cut, Buttons, Pinwheels & Lollies. The result is a pretty & highly dimensional floral bouquet.


Two strips of washi tape on the top right corner, helps with visual balance, and again a sweet, floral cluster adds tons of interest. To fancy up the washi circle, I added a few little items from our new Bling collection: Lollies, Iridescent pearls, Pinwheels, Petite Posies & Rivets. This helps the eye travel around the circle to different parts of the page.


19 Card by Kim Watson


Beginning with the Candle Shaker card kit, I filled the different candles with Metallic Pearlies, then sealed the shakers with Metallic washi tape, even the flames got the same treatment. The black card front creates fabulous drama, offsetting the gorgeous & sophisticated color palette of Black, Magenta, Silver & Gold. Iridescent flowers, Pom flowers, Lollies, Petite Posies & Wallflowers add glam & twinkle.


21 Card by Kim Watson


This card is a real event...fitting for a 21st birthday, being a big milestone birthday. I started with the white card base, adding a black panel & magenta Delightful dot patterned paper panel. I then created the 3 tiered cake accent. Remember by collaging strips of washi tape onto a piece of cardstock, you make it more manageable when creating an accent like this one. Once layered & adhered together, I made a cute little bow tie from black & white dotted washi tape. Pinwheels add the necessary bling to the top tier.
Using jewellers wire, I made 4 wobblers to 'jump out' of the cake...an Iridescent flower, punched stars glammed up with Sequins & Pearlies and a gold glitter number 21 really make a 'wow!' statement. Bunched up tissue paper into the top of the cake was the perfect way to hide any workings within the cake :)
I LOVED this months assignments, & I hope you do too? Sigh...so many Queen & Co pretties and only so many hours in a day to craft! Aren't you just loving the new lines? Well if you are & want to purchase some for yourself, the items I used are listed & linked below.
_________________________________________
Thanks for stopping by today & have yourself an awesome week!
~ Kim`

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!